Help with Salty Shrimp GH+ and Benibachi Mineral powder

Discussion on pH, gH, kH, CO2 and other chemicals

Help with Salty Shrimp GH+ and Benibachi Mineral powder

Postby blackwind » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 am

Morning everyone.
I have finally move most of my CRS and Yellow cherry to my new tank. New tank has been cycle for the last 3-4weeks.
Test turns out really good. Ph: 6.0-6.4, Ammonia: 0, Nitrate: 0, Nitrite: 0, TDS: 110.
I am using RO water. And i have both Salty Shrimp Mineral GH+ and Benibachi Mineral Powder too and some Almond Leaves.

What is the exact procedure of using them (SS GH+ and Benibachi Mineral)?
- I couldn't find much about how to use them? I read somewhere, said if i do water change 20% -30% use SS GH+. For top up use Benibachi?
- I also have afew small plants in there, Can i use Flourish and Iron (at recommended) ? or PMDD? will it affect the tds/GH in my tank?

Thanks
blackwind
Egg

Suburb: Keysborough

Re: Help with Salty Shrimp GH+ and Benibachi Mineral powder

Postby CPT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:43 pm

When you do a water change, use the salty shrimp to bring your TDS up to the desired level ( 150ppm to 200ppm ) if you are just doing a small top up and your TDS is really high you can put straight RO ( when water evaporates the SS stays behind )
Assuming you are using RO water or Rain water.
As for the benibachi minerals, I use something similar you normally just add it after a water change to replace lost minerials ( its different to SS ) it aids in molting and other helpful minerials shrimp need.

Hopefully that helps

Cheers CPT
CPT
Egg

Suburb: Wetherill Park

Re: Help with Salty Shrimp GH+ and Benibachi Mineral powder

Postby blackwind » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:37 pm

CPT: Thanks Mate
I am new to this. Had a friend who help me out a couple days ago. RO Water Change once a week (10-20%) and then use SS to TDS 120-150. Top up with RO if low. But one scoop of Benibachi once a week during topup.

Thats what he recommended.

Cheers
blackwind
Egg

Suburb: Keysborough

Return to Water Chemistry