Misch/ TB not saddling

Discussion on the breeding of shrimps

Misch/ TB not saddling

Postby gaz086 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi have any of you had problems with your shrimp not getting saddles? Could it be the colder weather? I have quite a few breeding size female misch and tb, and none of them have had any saddles/ berried for a couple of months, a mate of mine local to me is having the same problem. water conditions are perfect and tank is stable. I live near Wollongong NSW.
gaz086
Egg

Suburb: Albion Park

Re: Misch/ TB not saddling

Postby bonsai » Thu May 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Gaz. No one knows 100% the reason why shrimp can stop breeding. Sometimes it takes them a while to settle in after transport, sometimes it could be cooler weather or barometric pressure, sometimes the tank might not be to their liking.

I got some snow whites in June, by the start of November they still hadn't bred. I moved them to a larger tank, switched from Fluval to Salty to remineralize my water and added a few drops of Borneo Wild dance. Tw0 weeks later I got my first berried shrimp. I don't know if anything I had done triggered them breeding, or if it was the start of the warmer weather here in Melbourne.

Some people say feed with some blood worms (high in protein) to help them saddle up, but I prefer to not feed meat proteins to my shrimp.

Best advice I can give is to wait. It will happen. Sorry I can't be of more help.

"Slow, slow and slow, everything should take time. Shrimps do not like fast, nor big changes in water parameters." - Quote from Janne Johansson, a breeder in Sweden
bonsai
Egg

Suburb: Ashwood

Postby 2OFUS » Fri May 08, 2015 6:17 am

I would do a big water change and also I would feed them high protein foods a week prior to the big water change
4foot high grade crs tank with yellows and juvi chocolates/2x 45cm cubes red cherries and red rilis/16Lnano blue cherries/3foot albino longfins and guppy tank plus some L numbers
++millions of tbs :)
2OFUS
Blue Cherry

Suburb: Campbelltown nsw

Postby gaz086 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:07 am

Ok thank you heaps for your reply, i think i will hold off on a big water change, last time i did that, i lost most my shrimp. so i wont be doing anything drastic like that again. the tank has been running fine for months now, im thinking it could be the colder weather, so ill leave them and let the juvies i have grow and hopefully when it warms up, they will be big enough to breed. thanks again
gaz086
Egg

Suburb: Albion Park

Return to Breeding Shrimps