Aquariums you go to and why?

General chit-chat about anything you like.

Aquariums you go to and why?

Postby Forevermango » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to share where everyone buys their fishy things from and why?

1. Marrickville Aquarium, Sydney
A nice shop near my gf's place, each time I go the Marrickville to shop, I would always drop
by. They have a variety of freshwater and marines. And now have a heap of shrimps. I recently
purchased some CBS, and I am very happy with the quality and price. In terms of range, they
can order basically almost any brand you can think of. Shrimp range, I think the largest range
of shrimps in Australia.

2. Aquaristic in Beaconsfield, Sydney.
There are 5 aquariums in my area and yet I still travel 35km (one way) atleast once a month to
get my supplies. Very friendly staff, very knowledgeable in all aspects (marines and Freshwater),
and very high quality stocks. Their products and live stock has always been the best quality and
prices have been very reasonable. Their display tanks change regularly, so each time I visit
them, is like an excursion, plenty to see and its free :D

3. Le aquatics, Sydney
I recently just discovered this shop. Located just down the road from me, and is my next hanging
out place. They specilise in marines and starting to build up their freshwater and planted area.
They stock a large variety of dry goods and they seem to price match on their competitors. I
recently got my co2 refilled for a good price and now they are a sponsor, they will have heaps
of exclusive deals for all :D

4. Fishrock in Willoughby, Sydney.
Although I haven't been for awhile, I have always purchased Exotic plants, Shrimps and Plecos
from them. Eric (the owner) is very nice to talk to and I usually spend a day there checking
out their displays. He always give me a good price on equipment and has been looking after
me for awhile now. For people living around the area, definitely a shop to visit.
Addicted to plants :)
Forevermango
Premium

Suburb: Sydenham

Re: Aquariums you go to and why?

Postby Neo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Hurstville Aquariums.
They have one of the best and knowledgeable staff in the hobby. They also have a great product range with some great plants and freshwater fish. The bonus is they also started stocking shrimp. Great place to just have a chat with their friendly staff.
Neo
Premium

Postby Forevermango » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Does no one go out to aquariums in Australia?
Addicted to plants :)
Forevermango
Premium

Suburb: Sydenham

Postby edk911 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am

Eastwood aquariums - to check out their shrimp and see if they have any I'm interested in buying as they're so close to home.
Lams Aquarium North Rocks - Excellent long running business with very well priced fish, plants and a good range of equipment.
Fish Tank Castle Hill - Great bunch of guys running this place very clean setup and a good range of tropicals and marine. They've also got that fluval edge I'm still managing to barely resist buying :lol:
edk911

Suburb: Pennant Hills

Postby Easty75 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 pm

edk911 wrote:Eastwood aquariums - to check out their shrimp and see if they have any I'm interested in buying as they're so close to home.
Lams Aquarium North Rocks - Excellent long running business with very well priced fish, plants and a good range of equipment.
Fish Tank Castle Hill - Great bunch of guys running this place very clean setup and a good range of tropicals and marine. They've also got that fluval edge I'm still managing to barely resist buying :lol:

Fish Tank is a good place the guys are awesome they are a bit shy of shrimp products though. Ben it is futile to fight it you know you will have a edge sooner rather than later
Cheers Simon

The only way to successfully breed CRS shrimp is explain to them this simple rule
"execute one educate a million" they tend to behave after the first one.
Easty75
Blue Cherry

Suburb: Castle Hill

Postby edk911 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Easty75 wrote:
edk911 wrote:Eastwood aquariums - to check out their shrimp and see if they have any I'm interested in buying as they're so close to home.

Fish Tank is a good place the guys are awesome they are a bit shy of shrimp products though. Ben it is futile to fight it you know you will have a edge sooner rather than later

The next tank I'm doing is the 900mmx250mmx250mm hightech aquascape. Its currently sitting on my shelf, almost identical to the bookshelf tank that royal aquariums are going to be selling soon. I'll need to do a mini rack / display shelf before then though
edk911

Suburb: Pennant Hills

Postby t3v0r0 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 pm

City Garden & aquariums at Greenacre

More so because I'm also into gardening and its sort of a one stop shop for me. Basically buy all my fish from here.

Stuart (owner) is just starting to stock shrimp products too. Exciting times ahead.
t3v0r0
Ruby Red

Suburb: 2140

Postby zuuutoootuuu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 am

Melbourne

Fishy Business - Blackburn
Coburg Aquarium - Coburg
Amazing Amazon - Glen Waverly
zuuutoootuuu
Shrimplet

Suburb: Melbourne

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm

zuuutoootuuu wrote:Melbourne

Fishy Business - Blackburn
Coburg Aquarium - Coburg
Amazing Amazon - Glen Waverly

This list would be useful next time im in melbourne.
Neo
Premium

Postby OzShrimp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm

City Pet & Aquarium at Blacktown - Its my local aquarium, Alex and Colin are great guys who are always happy to look after regular customers and give a good deal whilst supplying good stock and products :).

Le Aquatic at Lansvale - Although not local i travel here for their variety of shrimp products they offer and always love looking at their marine tanks :)
OzShrimp

Next

Return to The Lounge