BEWARE SCAMMER/FRAUD: Joel S McCorkindale Pls Pass on

General chit-chat about anything you like.

BEWARE SCAMMER/FRAUD: Joel S McCorkindale Pls Pass on

Postby litigator666 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Joel S McCorkindale contacted me with fish to sell on my phone details and subsequently on email. I agreed to buy off the fish and asked him a drivers license and his bank details. I went to the bank to do an overthecounter transfer and to confirm the identity of the person. Everything checks out so proceeded to deposit cash to his account. He never got back to me after confirming him the funds had been sent. Tried reaching him on his mobile (0497061507) and email (j.mcmate931@gmail.com) to no avail. Address appearing on his driver’s license is U1 1A Browns Pde Wendouree VIC 3355.

It seems my diligence review was not good enough. I did an online search after the fact and sad to say found a few persons were also scammed by the Joel using the same modus operandi. I did got in touch with these victims and found that a case is outstanding against him in the Ballarat Police station. I still need to contact the police officer in charge there to report my case. I have gotten in touch with my local police as well. I’ve reported it to SCAMWATCH as well.

Please pass on the info to your friends and family as he deals with other pets as well.

Search the net for copy of his drivers license as i can't attach it here.
litigator666
Egg

Suburb: Brisbane

Re: BEWARE SCAMMER/FRAUD: Joel S McCorkindale Pls Pass on

Postby 2OFUS » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm

He replys to Any wtb add and scams that way
4foot high grade crs tank with yellows and juvi chocolates/2x 45cm cubes red cherries and red rilis/16Lnano blue cherries/3foot albino longfins and guppy tank plus some L numbers
++millions of tbs :)
2OFUS
Blue Cherry

Suburb: Campbelltown nsw

Postby Neo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:37 am

Sorry to hear about your experience Litigator and welcome to Shrimpscape.

It certaintly leaves a negative feeling when something like this happens and it sounds like this guy is still at large when he is still being investigated. You should definitely report your case to the police so that it provides extra evidence against him.
Neo
Premium

Postby Forevermango » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Just did a search for that email on the net, just noticed you posted this on almost everywhere on the net :) Good work.
Addicted to plants :)
Forevermango
Premium

Suburb: Sydenham

Return to The Lounge